3 Ingredient Banana Cookies (+ toppings)
(adapted from Labna Love in the Kitchen)
Ryan gave up sweets for 2014 so I’ve been trying to come up with a way for him to still get to enjoy dessert! And then I came across this recipe from Labna Love in the Kitchen and now we have something! We tried it tonight and his dried tart cherries are the perfect pairing to the oatmeal/banana base.
– 1 banana
– approximately 1/2 cup ( 50 g) of rolled oats
– 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Your favorite toppings (dark chocolate chips, dried tart cherries, walnuts, raisins)
1. With a potato masher or a wooden spoon mash the banana into a puree, it will be lumpy.
2. Mix the mashed banana with the rolled oats. Since the size of your banana will vary just make sure that you have enough oats that the mixture is not too wet.
3. Stir in the vanilla extract
4. Set up a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place the batter by spoonfuls, crushing it slightly to give the classic round shape that regular cookies have. (My batter made about 4 cookies)
5. Preheat your oven to 355 degrees.
6. Press your toppings resting on top of the cookies with light pressure. Then transfer the pan with the cookies to the freezer for 10/15 minutes.
7. Place the baking sheet with cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Enjoy immediately from the oven!